Friday, August 21, 2009

I cut open a dead person today

Today was the first day of anatomy lab. We got our table assignments and bodies. My group has a rather large man with very tough tissue. One of the profs said he has two ways of classifying how easily the people cut: either butter or steel wool. Our guy is steel wool. We cut open his back and started dissecting the skin away from some gross stuff. At the end of lab the prof that explained everything to us gave me an imaginary gold star on my forehead for my superior skinning skills. I felt special. Ishould probably try to learn a little more anatomy (such as what the gross stuff is really called) if I want to continue getting gold stars and such.
I am officially done w/ my first med school class- medicine and society. We had our final today. It was basically a stats class. not terribly difficult. I'm expecting that to change quite quickly.
I was looking at old pics today cause i'm trying to figure out which ones to hang up in my apartment and it made me miss everyone a lot. I never really thought about how weird it would be to go to a school other than notre dame and without you guys. I don't like it very much yet but i didn't like nd very much in the first month or so either. I'm very bitter about the fact that i'm supposed to be trying to make new friends when i already have you guys. It makes me feel like i'm expected to replace you guys which is ridiculous cause thats not whats expected and would never happen but when im pmsing and exhausted thats how it seems lol. I should really go to bed. I have to clean first cause my dad's bringing me a tv this weekend and my apartments kinda messy (shocking right?). nowhere near as bad as my room at school was though.
I'm sure there's more but im done typing now

2 comments:

  1. that's really cool. slash i probably wouldn't be able to handle it haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. firstly, when you say this man was rather large...remember i have the mind of a 13 year old.

    secondly, and more importantly, if i ever need to skin somebody, you're totally top of my list on people to call for help.

    ReplyDelete