Thursday, June 11, 2009

The First Days of School by Harry Wong

Yes that is the title of one of my ACE books. Yes one my professors said in class "let me get out my harry wong." Yes I bit my tongue so I wouldn't bust out laughing and acting like the middle schoolers that I will be standing in front of in t-minus 2 months. Also...one staff member has the last name Seamon and the other Cummings. Seriously now.

Let me start off with...

I am insanely jealous of all these stories of summer. I want to be camping, on youtube, waking up with no pants, traveling and all that jazz. But instead I have had class for a week and three days from 8 am to 8pm. BUT the classes are amazing, the teachers are amazing and I never EVER knew being a teacher was so much work. Did I mention I am so excited to teach come august!?!! I never knew class could be so much fun when you actually like what you are doing.

I have already turned in a 5 chapter plan of my classroom management and met my future community (who wants me to get a basset hound). My housemates are cool, all different and I can already feel some good times. BUT there are 6 of us. The house has 4 rooms. The 4 girls live on the 2nd floor in two rooms and share one bathroom. The two guys get their own rooms on the 1st floor. Looks like I will not be getting privacy . . . ever.

ND is so weird without you guys here. It feels wrong to be in McGlinn (woohoo Howard is being remodled so we get AC) with the girls living on floors 1 and 2 and the guys on 3 and 4 without all of you here. There are no parietals. COME VISIT!

I start practice teaching on Monday at Christ the King working through two weeks of labs with smart kids. Then the following four weeks I teach at Clay High School with 9th grade health. I have to teach sex and drugs. joy. hehe. We video tape one day of teaching and show it to our classmates and have an analyzing session. I'm terrified.

ok i could ramble on forever. but i just wanted to let you know that i miss you guys like crazy. being without you here is just plain wrong.

love love love,
abby

3 comments:

  1. I'm here. I'm in south bend. Now! I come visit you in the morning... before you see this reply.

    ReplyDelete