Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A life lesson

I recently learned a very important life lesson that I now feel the need to share with all of you. Never EVER agree to go camping without first getting every single detail.
My friends and I recently started doing a yearly camping trip. This summer will make our third trip. I couldn't go last year because I was back at school for it, but I went the year before and my friend Emily brought her pop-up trailer and we had electricity and whatnot, and it was fairly civilized. So when she asked me about it this year, I told her I would definitely go and I'd stay for all four days. (Little side note, when I told my mom I was going camping she laughed at me...I think I should be insulted by that).
Here's what I recently found out about our little camping trip: the weekend after next, I will be sleeping in a tent for three nights in a row. In my life, I have slept in a tent that was not in someone else's backyard a grand total of one time, for one night, in my life and I was too drunk to care that I was sleeping in a tent. Now here's the real kicker, in order to save money, we are getting a campsite that doesnt have electricity. I am slightly scared. I don't know if any of you have noticed, but I'm not really a camping kind of girl. My camping involves cabins with indoor plumbing, electricity, and heating. On my girl scout camping trips, we would order pizza. I blame my mother really; she raised me that way...she was even my girl scout leader who advocated ordering pizza and then burning the boxes instead of actually learning how to start a fire.
I'm thinking I'm probably going to have to drink heavily for this camping trip to work out. I'm sure I'll be fine during the day, its the sleeping on the ground part that is probably going to be an issue.
The moral of my story is: never agree to something without knowing exactly what you're getting yourself into. It is a bad idea!

4 comments:

  1. Go Jamie! Beat Sober electricity-less primitive tent camping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun and good luck... definitely put up a post when you get back!

    ReplyDelete